Major Procedural Games
The following games feature procedural content generation as a main or the main feature of the game play:
- Dwarf Fortress is a fantasy world and story generator.
- Borderlands as well as its successor Borderlands 2 have extensive procedural content, particularly weapons.
- Elite and games inspired by Elite such as Infinity: The Quest for Earth and Noctis
- Rogue and its descendants such as Nethack and Angband
- The Diablo series of games being the most well known commercial example of this genre
- Spore featured extensive use of procedural content
- Earlier games in the Elder Scrolls series of games, particularly Daggerfall
- Procedurally generated plot or narrative features in first person shooters such as Far Cry 2 and Left4Dead
- .kkrieger is an FPS in only 96 kb, using procedural generation techniques
- Many turn based strategy and real time strategy games include the ability to randomly generate maps
page revision: 18, last edited: 02 Dec 2013 10:43